Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Still waiting for The Yarn Harlot

but the Porter Square Books folks are certainly getting reacquainted with my face.

In an unexpected move, they did have Knitlit the Third there last night. So far, I'm up to page 54, so not much to report. Stephanie's story on waiting at the airport with the planned knitting confined to checked baggage just rings true. I'm at the point where I pretty much have the current sock with me if I expect to go somewhere and sit down, even if I don't pull it out. Himself always has reading matter.

The December we flew out to Chicago to visit his mother, I had my tape measure questioned at the Warwick airport (security thought it looked like a tape measure on the screen, but could I please show it to them to confirm it wasn't a something else with gears in it masquarading as a tape measure). That was when the office had adopted 3 families for holiday giving through MSPCC and I was on a mission to make hats for all the kids. I'm not sure his mother knew what to make of me, but hey, it kept me busy and out of trouble. By the end of the visit, though, when Chicago's security was at the curb of the terminal pre-checking bags and they suggested the knitting be checked, my hands (to say nothing of the rest of me) were tired and I was ready to put it away for an afternoon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?