Friday, October 28, 2005

FINNALLY got my Harlot Book

and Himself has his good-boy "Yes, Dear," down pat as I excerpt bon mots for him.

In other news, I have 5 more hours of triangles to go, and then the top border on the Forest Path Stole. Off to my friend Kimberly for blocking -- will it be ready in time for November 18ths BCMS concert? I think so!

And I've started a carry-around project of this year's winter felt hat. Last year I was dubious about how felting worked, so I had some hot pink that I used with the Fiber Trends pattern and it came out just fine. Sometime within the last 5-7 years (I think) I had gotten a Cherry Tree Hill skein of the Wool Pak Yarns NZ 14 ply recommended specifically in the pattern, but, fear of failure again, couldn't bring myself to work with the "good stuff" because what if I ruin it?

Friends, I'm going to start working with my good stuff out of stash, because otherwise, what's the point of having gotten it in the first place. There are shawls with hand-dyed yarn in the future here at Finished Object.

Hat pictures (progress or finished?) to come after the weekend.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?