Saturday, October 01, 2005

How to start a birthday season

We kicked off birthday season last evening (we will ignore the massive transit delay of the morning making me an hour late for the Company president's biannual state-of-things presentation), with dinner at one of my favorite Cambridge restaurants, a nice stroll home through a crisp, clear fall evening, and a Red Sox win over the Yankees. Himself has a delight habit of listening to me and, since I expressed a fondness a few weeks back for Wally and his chair when they show Jerry Remy in the TV booth, there this was in giftwrap when I came home.

The boys had breakfast together this morning, before himself left on his roadtrip. He'll be back in time for his birthday. Sigh.

In the meantime, today is the day for doing things before I get up at dark-thirty to help Lucy get over to the Common at 6 a.m. to set-up for the Boston Knit-Out. So far, I've hauled a load of older sweaters (but still in good condition) over to the Salvation Army like I've been meaning to do for weeks. Having taken a took at the collection that remains, I am completely undecided what I need to work on for me this winter (i.e., subtract the volume to fill 1 small duffel bag and the basket still fills right back up to the top), but I'm sure some project will raise its hand and say "Make Me!"

I may felt the bag I made in August, when it was just too hot to be running the dryer for so long.

And finally, a shout-out to my nephew, who sent me a nice thank-you email for the knitting bag, et. al. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comments:
Happy Birthday, Patience! He just got home... How are you feeling about missing out on the roller coasters? --CED
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?