Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Back to the Fischu (annual insanity strikes)

I got a number of toddler hats done over the weekend, since that's all I had with me to work on. Last night, I picked up the Fischu again, completed the last iteration of chart B and am now 1/2 way through the first of chart C. I'm still concerned about the narrowness of this, and we'll see if I follow through with my statement to make extra iterations of chart C to attempt to increase the width.

Then again, who am I kidding. This is where the rows get really long and sloggy. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, madness has taken hold. The company holiday party is on Monday Dec. 19th this year, and I'm convinced a Fiddlesticks Knitting Peacock Shawl in admiral blue Zephyr is exactly what my outfit needs to make it complete. The fact that I don't have one already made is beside the point. The fact that I'm desparately hoping UPS will bring my admiral blue Zephyr ordered last Friday noon before tomorrow night when I head out to base myself at Himself's house with all that lovely long weekend knitting time is beside the point. The fact that I have an admiral blue Zephyr Fiber Trend's Sheep Shawl already made is merely a fall-back possibility, because it's nice but not dramatically awwww-inspiring. The holiday party is not for cozy.

It struck slightly early this year, that same urge that last year, a day or so after Thanksgiving, told me to make a surprize sweater for Himself in time for Christmas, that I could only work on Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in December when he wasn't around to see it. I got it done then, and I'm convinced hopeful that this year I will too prevail.

Provided UPS cooperates. Otherwise, there may be a Fischu blocking by Friday and some very full wrists.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?