Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Other updates

The Forest Path made much progress over the weekend, and this morning I've picked up the top border. The end is near! (I hope).

After that, I'm promising myself I will get back to that languishing kitten.

Himself is going to be busy this Saturday, so I should have time to work on whichever of the first two (Forest Path has priority), or, possibly, continuing felting the hat. If I'm lucky, we'll be here Friday night and I can sucker entice Himself into doing some of the rather tiring sink work for with me.

In other happy news, my brother turns out to fit socks made to the same pattern as Himself, which makes keeping track of what I'm doing easier. So, for future reference, 64 sts around, rib 25 rounds, k 50 rounds, heel on 32 sts., turn heel with 18, ssk, k1, turn work, Sl 1, p5, p2tog, p1, turn work, k back to just before gap, ssk, etc., pickup 16 instep stitches and dec. EOR, the 42 rounds plain, dec. at 4 pts. EOR until 20 sts. left, kitchener. That's notes enough for me, if you want a fuller description, leave word for me to get back to you. One claims to take a 10 or 10 1/2 depending on width of shoe, the other 10 1/2 to 11, whole size if slippers.

Now it's a matter of deciding who gets each pair as finished.

That said, subway knitting is about to move back to charity projects, since Mind's Eye Yarns will have the annual mitten tree for Somerville Family Network up sometime during Thanksgiving weekend. Yes, garments other than mittens are acceptable. (There's a story from my folks' parish in back of that last comment, but it has to be reserved for in-person meetings.)

And I'm still finding plenty instances where subway seat karma works when I have charity knitting with me. Just a hint......

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?