Thursday, January 19, 2006

Himself was wondering why this is counts as a challenge

Okay, I won't swear that in 26 years of knitting I've never made a tam that wasn't entrelac from EZ's Spun-out #31, but if I have I can't remember it. I can't recall the last time I worked more than one color in a row on a project, other than Maine mittens and they don't count.

And I've never been comfortable putting colors together. To this day, I have trouble taking crayons out of the box, let alone touching them to paper.

But I'm going to learn things trying to explain to Himself what I'm doing in the design process. He didn't have time before heading to the concert tonight to hear details of Fair Isle color and patterning theory, but he will soon enough. After I have the quarterly visit with the endochrinologist tomorrow (the confession of sin with issues I want to cover has already been sent with the spreadsheet) and we have the chocolate party on Saturday (38 people have had the kindness to respond yes so far, leaving only 18 who have not yet responded).

Ann Feitelson's The Art of Fair Isle Knitting, Alice Starmore's Book of Fair Isle Knitting, and Deb Menz's Colorworks will be coming off the shelves for study soon. Though at some point I have to pick up the yarn and start putting it together to see what happens. I have no idea what gauge or needle I'll be using yet. I need to practice, gently.

It's cruel expecting a Libra to make so many choices. Cruel.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?