Sunday, January 29, 2006

Yarn as therapuetic device

The phenomena that may or may not be trigger fingers, i.e., waking with stiff, painful fisted hands, reluctant to open without discomfort and with jerkiness in motion, has been helped by sleeping with 50 gram Regia sock yarn skeins in each hand. Helped, I think, because the fingers don't fist up all the way, they stay open with something to lightly grip.

It's been two nights so far, and I notice when I wake up (several times a night) if I haven't been gripping them.

I also took yesterday off to read through Neil Gaiman's American Gods. It's been a while since a book, particularly fiction, interested me enough to stick with it. I'm now ready to pick up Ananzi Boys.

Himself wants to watch the men's finals of whatever tennis open is happening, so there will be mitten progress today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?