Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bad color pictures of the Sockotta

These are bad morning pictures with flash, but the light is not up early enough for me yet, still. To the right is the progress made last night, about 3 rounds around the bottom. Not much to show, but at least it's documentation of the process.

On the left is a picture of the swatch. The yarn is all over a black with a white thread and small lengths of bright colors every few inches. The colors seem to pool nicely together, but it's all a function of how the respective lengths line up as knit. As the circumference of pieces change, the pooling should change, too. This is going to be a fun part of the process.

When I'm done with this Sockotta, I've got some Wildefoot stashed for a similar experiment, and I ordered something at Lucy's Sock Fest that has yet to be delivered. Part of doing this sweater is figuring out what the yardage requirements for sweaters for me in lighter yarns are, so I'm going to try to remember to make a statement as I start each of the skeins. I have 10 of the Sockotta, one has been used for the swatch, but could be reclaimed, one was used to start the sweater itself, leaving 8 in the bag for now. Yes, I'm making notes to the future for myself here.

I really do need to get to work now, don't I?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?