Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Getting into some decision-making

Tonight I took my Sockotta swatch off the size 3 needles (3.25 mm) (Crystal Palace) and measured. It seems to be fairly consistently 6.4 stitches to the inch.

I'm going to aim for a 41 inch around sweater, so that comes to 262.4 stitches, which I'm going to round down to 260. Subtracting 26 stitches (10% of key), brings me to 234 stitches, which is not divisible by 4 for a K2P2 rib, so rounding to 236. I'll deal with what intervals of increasing get me back to the key number by the bust later.

Skein 1 -- Casting on 236 stitches on size zeros with markers at the start and half-way points. K2 P2 rib, making sure cast on is not twisted. Next decision point -- how deep to make the rib? I'm going for at least pinky depth, which is about 2 inches, and then see if I want it thicker.

Okay, that's enough to get started with for now. We'll see how far skein one goes and how speedy a knit this is with more stitches than usual.

Pictures added in the morning, maybe.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?