Saturday, April 21, 2007

Going out to play

Himself and I haven't been dancing much lately. The weekly dance at the Cambridge VFW has moved (first to Springstep, now to the Scout House) for their renovations into a youth center, I've had off and on shoulder problems, and, well, there's been that whole new-place shopping thing lately. Yes, I've gained weight.

NEFFA is this weekend, though, and we're going for today. I'm booked for the Medley g>, though we don't know which hall we'll dance in yet. Marshfield is a new site, having been held in Natick for a long time. Natick was an old familiar site, but the school's been getting slightly less hospitable there over the years, so it will be interesting to see how the Marshfield site works out.

You know the Bob Seger song about Rock n Roll Never Forgets? Contra dancing is like that.

Here's to hoping for no bad Allemandes and that my right shoulder agrees to raise my arm straight up for twirls.

Oh, and for folks looking for info about the Boston Knit Out --the website is here (we're getting up info in bits as it gets firmed up). It is Sunday, September 30th. Unfortunately, your email doesn't come over in comments, so if you say in my comments, "sign me up," you're a well-meaning phantom. There's a volunteer email address at that website that will get your name in the list.

If you'ld like to join in the planning, please send me an email. The address is in my sidebar.

Hands four!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?