Monday, April 03, 2006

Kitten has been felted!

Ambrose is still drying, so he's not stuffed, eyed and whiskered yet, but here are some reference pictures.

We don't know how long the dryer time was, because we weren't really paying attention yesterday morning. I think it's about an hour and a half. Several soakings worth. The fabric shrunk and condensed, but stitches are still easily discernible. We'll see what happens when he gets stuffed.

Photo for relative size pre-felting here.

Other things -- the baby Nalgar for the May office baby sweater got put down midway through the weekend when I realized a size 4 was just too big for this particular yarn. Had I brought smaller sizes of 16" circs with me? No. Restarted last night with size 2s which seem to be better, but this yarn is not going to become a new favorite for me, rather splitty and wimpish.

Himself's gauge swatch is coming along. So far I'm trying size 6 (4.25 mm) with this Mountain Mohair, but I'm not measuring until I finish at least the 2nd repeat of the pattern.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?